Sunday, March 15, 2009

My Friend Ashley...

Shared this recipe with me. A basic taco soup, that I just couldn't resist tweeking! I hope two things 1.) that Ashley won't kill me for changing her recipe, and that 2.) you'll love it!

Taco Soup
2 Tbsp EVOO (extra-virgin olive oil)
1 medium onion, chopped
3 garlic cloves, chopped
2 poblano peppers, diced
1 pound ground beef, chicken, turkey or pork

In a medium saucepan, add the EVOO and let it come up to temperature on medium high. Add the onion and garlic. Let set, then stir after 3-4 minutes. Add poblano peppers. Let the onions caramelize, then add the ground meat of your choice. Brown the meat, drain and rinse. Add the meat, onion and garlic mixture to a medium sauce pan (3 qt or more).

2 14-ounce cans of beef broth
1 can each kidney and black beans, drain and rinse
1 can hominy or corn
2 cans diced tomatoes, any flavor
2 Tbsp chili powder
1 Tbsp ground cumin
1 Tbsp fresh ground black pepper

Add 2 14-ounce cans of beef broth, beans hominy and tomatoes, and seasonings. Adjust salt to taste. Let simmer 20 minutes so flavors can combine. Enjoy with your favorite bread!

2 comments:

  1. oooooo my goodness. I love you and Ashley so much! This sounds so yummy. My mouth is literally watering! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy! I will have to try it your way, it sounds a lot more "homemade" tasting! Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete