Monday, February 22, 2010

Avocado Ole!

There's a little Mexican restaurant where I once lived that had the best avocado dip. It wasn't guacamole, and I could literally drink it by the gallon because it was so good! I'm going to try to approximate that recipe based on my tastebud memory:

4 ripe avocados (slight give when you gently squeeze them), seeded
16 ounces sour cream (I use fat free)
1 tablespoon lemon juice
Lemon zest
1/4 cup juice leftover from pickled peppers (I always have this around)
8 ounces cream cheese (fat free, room temperature)
1 teaspoon granulated garlic (or 2 cloves fresh, 1 tablespoon powder)
1 tablespoon celery salt
1 can diced tomatoes with chiles
1 bunch of leaves from cilantro
1/4 to 1/2 red onion
1-2 chipotle peppers with sauce (or 1-2 teaspoons ground red pepper)

Combine all ingredients in a food processor or blender and puree until smooth. Serve with chips, and a margarita on the side. Ole!

1 comment: