I occasionally post what's for dinner on my facebook page. On this day, I heard from a dear friend from High School. She loves salmon patties - I wish I had known sooner, because I would have given her all the ones I had to eat during those school days! LOL! Now - no disrespect to my Mom, she made great salmon patties. I just didn't have the tastebuds to appreciate them. Good thing my palette grew up! So, in honor of both my Mom, and my friend Robin, I share with you my salmon patty recipe:
Robin's Dreamy Salmon Patties
1/2 Spanish onion, chopped finely
1 poblano pepper, chopped finely
1 stalk of celery, chopped finely
1 teaspoon shallot salt (Penzeys)
1 Tablespoon Chesapeake Bay seasoning (Penzeys)
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
1 Tablespoon Worchestershire sauce
zest of 1 whole lemon
1/4 cup shrimp cocktail or pasta sauce
1 Tablespoon spicy mustard
1/4 cup raw rolled gluten-free oats or Panko breading (more, if you mix is very wet)
1 egg
1 teaspoon (depending on tastes) fresh ground black pepper
1 can drained salmon (wild Alaskan preferred)
Gently mix everything together. Heat about 2 tablespoons olive oil in a saute pan or skillet over medium heat. Form the mix into patties, and gently lay into the pan. Allow to cook for 3-4 minutes then gently turn them over. Takes about 2-3 minutes on the second side. You can double the recipe, and add almost anything to this. I love to add parmesan cheese, or red pepper flakes, depending on what I'm serving with it. Enjoy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Your recipe sounds delicious and very healthy too. I have enjoyed reading your blog. Thank you for letting me visit.
ReplyDeleteSusan
http://amazingcouponanddiscountdeals.blogspot.com