Friday, February 13, 2009

Experiment - play with your food!

So, I was making tacos last night. I was really tired, too. I had spent all day playing on-line with my stamping friends at Splitcoast Stampers. So, I told my DH we would have tacos. Then I started cooking and thought, I really don't feel like cutting a bunch of vegetables tonight. What could I toss in with the meat to add flavor? Here's what I came up with:

Chorizo Tacos
Ingredients
1 package, your choice, taco shells - toasted in the oven
2 Tbsp EVOO
1 medium red onion, large dice
3 cloves of garlic, diced
1/3 lb. ground beef
3 ounces beef chorizo, raw (about 1/3 of 10 ounce pkg)
1 can Mexican style diced tomatoes with green chilies
1 Tbsp ground cumin

Heat EVOO on medium high heat. Add onion and let stand to begin caramelization. Add garlic and stir in with the onion. When the onion begins to brown, add ground beef and chorizo. Cook through. Add diced tomatoes and cumin, to taste. I let mine set about 5 minutes so the flavors can combine. Serve with warm, toasted taco shells, sliced avocado (sprinkle with lemon juice to reduce browning) and cheese. And any other condiment you prefer on your tacos!
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment