I love Tandoori chicken, but I don't have a traditional tandoori oven, or the time it takes to make it authentic. Here's my tip and nod to the authentic while providing lots of veg to suit my need for freshness!
Begin with a moderately hot pan, and add:
4 Tbsp butter (don't use margarine)
1/2 red onion, chopped
1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
3-4 cloves fresh garlic, chopped
Saute then add:
1-3 chopped chicken tenders (depending on how many you want to feed)
1 zucchini, chopped
1 summer squash, chopped
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
1 tsp chipotle powder
1 Tbsp tandoori seasoning (I use Penzey's)
1/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
Meanwhile, boil salted water and cook an appropriate amount of your favorite pasta. Since Cabana Boy prefers wheat pasta, and I'm gluten free, we cook ours separately. {Hint, we often cook wild rice while the rest is being prepared, and add it rather than pasta.} Drain well and add to the pan. It will absorb some of the flavors, so reseason before serving. Toss it with more fresh Parmesan and serve. Delish!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment